Published on March 22nd, 2012 | by Senior Editor0
Tech Mistress Takes On Vantium V1 Tablet
Contributor: Tech Mistress is not a so young ‘eccentric’, tech loving lady. She likes to share information in funny and witty ways, to inform but yet motivate. You can follow her on twitter - @AbiikeBlogger, and check out her blog - Mumuocrats.
Apple Ipad, Samsung tabs, ‘nameless tabs in Otigba’ and now Vantium V 1. Vantium is a proudly Nigerian brand, with products designed by Websoft and assembled in Asia with components obtained from different parts of the world and quality assurance by a US company. The Vantium v1 runs on the Android Ginger Bread operating system, this means applications can either be bought or gotten for free from the android store.
- Size & Weight :248.8 x 189.7 x14.5 mm, 345g
- Display : 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen. Multi-Touch Display Capacitive Screen IPS Technology (Same as IPad2) 1024-by-768-pixel resolution
- Cellular & Wireless :HSPA +21 900/1900/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Dual-band support (2.4GHz, 5GHz)
- Memory :1GB (RAM), 16GB (ROM) + microSD Slot, I/O Interface USB2.0, Mini USB2.0 (OTG), 2 x Headphone, SIM Card port, 1x HDMI port
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Processor
- Battery :Built-in Lithium ion 3,500mAh battery
- Video Full HD video playback (1080p) @ 30fps
- Video codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV, DivX, Xvid
- Audio Formats: MP3, OGG, AAC, WMA, WAV, FLAC
- Camera Front camera: 0.3 MP. Rear Camera: 2MP Camera
- Browser Android™ Browser Adobe® Flash® support
- Operating System Gingerbread Android™ 2.3.3 ( android 3.0 interface )
- Sensors Accelerometer 3D 4 Directions.
The Vantium v1 tablet is expected to boost the tablet market in Africa and be relevant to local consumers as it is preconfigured to operate the Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point. It is designed for work and play at the same time “with the Vantium v1 you can play and work also, it has a USB Port which allows for free movement of files unlike the iPad where you have to depend on iTunes”. you can connect your Flash Disk or external hard disk as large as 250 GB and copy files directly into the Vantium v1. Enjoy Vantium to Vantium chatting just like blackberry to blackberry pinging. The Vantium v1 is certified by DSTV to allow people watch DSTV live on the Vantium v1.
The Vantium v1 is perfect for everyday computing which allows you do all that you would normally do on your laptop and even more. It is expected to do to the laptop what the laptop did to the desktop. I sit in anticipation and really won’t mind having one…(Complements of the company) The interesting thing is that you can have all these wonderful benefits at about half the price of its peers.